Hi, we are widows and orphans community based organization from the city Eldoret in Kenya, called Widows and Orphans Alive Community (WOAC)
In brief WOAC is a community based organization transforming lives of the most affected Widows, Orphans and Vulnerable single mothers and children in the slum and rural areas of Eldoret Town in Kenya. WOAC was found in 2011 and is currently working with 113 widows and vulnerable single mothers in the slums of Langas (Eldoret) and more than 250 orphans. To reach her Goal of transforming lives through sharing and caring, WOAC runs six programs in response:
1. Feed Community Program (response to food security, agriculture, nutrition etc)
2. Shelter Community Program (address issues of housing and security)
3. Health Community Program (issues to do with health activities in the community)
4. Educate community Program (adult education, vocational training, orphans and vulnerable children educational material support)
5. Business Community Program (micro-business and micro-finance)
6. Kumbatia (embrace) Community Program (house to house visit, orphanage visit, community volunteering, counselling, HIV/AIDS campaigns etc)
Currently we are facing challenges in feed community program, most of our members who are HIV/AIDs positive are not able to take the ARVs, due to lack of food, and their children are not going to school any more. Yesterday three of them were found in the streets begging and eating foods in the junk.
Please, we are requesting to help us add our organization to your site to help us connect with well wishers, volunteers and humanitarian organizations.
Kindly support this widows and orphans
For more information check on our Facebook fan page, our site is still under construction: http://www.facebook.com/WidowsAndOrphansCommunityFoundation